Saturday, February 24, 2007

RIP, the OC

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

TV's (formerly) favorite teen drama is over, and I must say, I'm going to miss it terribly. I am going to miss the show that brought emo to the masses, made irony and sarcasm cool, and could launch an indie band by simply playing one of its songs. I will miss the show that had one of the most fashionable TV characters ever (Marissa Cooper, look back in my August archives for an entry on that), that made me laugh and even cry, and made me fall in love a little bit more with Seth Cohen with every sarcastic comment and Death Cab reference. I'm going to miss the show that made me want to hope in a car with my best friend and go on an impromtu road trip to California. If only I could drive. I cried terribly when Marissa died so tragically, just as I yelled at her before she died for getting involved with scumbag Volchek. I rooted for Seth and Summer, while secretly wishing Seth was my own. I even rooted for Taylor, because, as annoying as she was, she was a true human underneath. Where will I get my weekly indie music fix? Or my adorably perfect sarcastic Jewish boy fix? Or my shimming California ambiance fix? Or my catty drama fix?

RIP, The OC. You died too young.

Signed, a loyal fan.


"Well if life is a song, then you're scared to sing along." How beautiful is that lyric? It's from "Life Is a Song" by Patrick Park, who had the honor of being the last artist EVER played on The OC.


A. (First initial of me! Oooooh, how mysterious!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home