Monday, January 01, 2007

Hipper than thou

Ok, well first off, I went to the gorgeous and amazing city of New York yesterday. I'm going to try to get the pictures up tomorrow, along with tales of my trip.

So today isn't necessarily about fashion..... it's a book from Fred Flare!

Let's put it this way: when I grow up, I want to be a hipster, living in SoHo or Brooklyn, or somewhere in Boston. I love hipster culture with a passion, and saw plenty in New York! (But that's TOMORROW'S post. I'm getting ahead of myself.)

The book is called Hipster Haiku. It looks like this, for those of us who still enjoy picture books (I'm just sayin'):

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So basically, the book is by a hipster, and she wrote it making fun of herself and others of her kind. Here are some examples:

We can only date
If you meet me in Brooklyn
I'm strictly borough

Ex-boyfriend's worst dig:
"You've never heard of that band?"
Indier-than-thou

Urban Outfitters
Like the minotaur it lurks
In darkness to kill

Will I look old if
I keep my Friendster page up
and don't use Myspace?

Typical weekend:
Poker, knitting, catch a show
Watch some old Borat

Aren't those amazing?

The book is $9.95, and is 160 pages. I want it so bad!

If you cannot imagine living life without this book for one more second, you can buy it here:

http://fredflare.com/customer/product.php?productid=2563&cat=327


And after all, you're my wonderwall,
Moi.

Oh yeah. Happy New Year, by the way.

I felt it was necessary.




3 Comments:

Blogger Recia said...

Happy new year to you, too! And I may seem kinda stupid, but what the heck is a hipster?!?! Just wondering. Check out my blog, k? L8TERZ.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

i have that book - to die for! i love your blog, want to swap links?

7:36 PM  
Blogger Carissa Duhamel said...

LMFAO.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home