Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Things I'm Loving.

Who WOULDN'T what to know?

1) The makeup at Vivienne Westwood:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I loveloveLOVE the dramatic cat eye with the matte skin and nude lips. (Oh god, I'm starting to sound like a fashionista, using singular forms for everything. Ex: pant, trouser, sleeve.)


2) The Two I's

AKA Irina and Iekeliene. It's been said many times before, but I can't get enough of Iekeliene's style. Imagine! A model's whose wardrobe does not consist fully of long tees and skinny jeans!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Oh blessed primary colors!

And Irina's bangs...... just. Well. They're perfect, basically. And she rocks this dress. It and she are gorgeous.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3) Aqua blue nail polish.

Can't seem to find a picture. :[ But it's wayyyy cooler than pink and red. Plus, now that I'm seeing girls at my school wearing black with their Hollister t-shirts and Uggs, it's lots all of it cool credibility with me.

4) Ireland:
Oh, my homeland. So green, so mysterious, so magical and ethereal. How I long to visit thee, how I long for new scenery other than the hilly farmland of my hometown. Erin go braugh!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

5) Animation/ drawings.
I just can't get enough of quirky little drawings a la:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I love to draw them out and paint them. Which leads me to.....

6) Acrylic paint/ painting:
So much bolder than watercolors. Painting sooooo relaxes me when I'm in a horrible mood.

7) Mix tapes:
I love the idea of a mix tape. A love letter of the 90's. Meticulously crafted, painstakingly arranged and rearranged. I make tons of mix cd's for all my friends, but there's just something about a mix TAPE!

oh yes, I did in fact paint this:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

8) McFly
I am so addicted to McFly it's not even funny. Their music is my guilty pleasure, and they need to come to America!!!!! Plus, they're good-looking. (Pssss. Watch the "Please Please" video. One word. ABS.)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

9) This picture:
It's pretty damn cool, for some reason.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

10) PEACE.
I have always been a huge fan of peace. Why can't we just all get along????

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I would kill to go to a peace rally. (hehe)

11) To Kill A Mockingbird
Words really can't describe how much I love this book. It's the first true classic I've read....and it's just amazing. Highly, highly, HIGHLY, suggest.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Favorite quote: "I wanted you to see what real courage is. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do."

12) Elliott Smith
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

At first you hear his music, and you think, "Is this the sound of a person who could stab himself in the chest with a steak knife?" His music is just so beautiful. But then you really listen (there is a world of difference between hearing and listening), and you can hear in his voice and lyrics how much he was hurting. And you realize it's his sorrow and hurt that makes his music so beautiful and poingant. He is truly one of the greatest singer-songwriters (and that term gets thrown around a lot) of our time. He was an introvert, hated the fame he received after Good Will Hunting. I highly suggest you watch the video posted below. Your heart breaks for him. I truly believe he was robbed in not winning for "Miss Misery." ("My Heart Will Go On" won instead. Can you believe that?) The people in that audience did not realize what they were experiencing. Elliott took such pride and was so protective of his music that he only agreed to perform that when the Academy threated to have another artist play his song if he didn't. He looks so nervous and uncomfortable, and my heart just breaks each and every time I watch it. The song is even more beautiful with the backing from the orchestra. Just Elliott and his guitar, and his sad, sweet, beautiful song in front of all those Hollywood big shots. One of the most beautiful performances ever. RIP, Elliott.


Damn youtube! Oh, just follow this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmPp-o9TcJI


It's a cold, and it's a broken "hallelujah",
a.

1 Comments:

Blogger discotheque confusion said...

I love lists, and I esp love this one!

Agree with you about mixtapes, but although I love the idea I find tapes actually rather bloody annoying.

All that fast forwadring and rewinding and losing your place. I find mix CD so much easier for this reason. Its a shame!

Also agree with you about the nail varnish. I seem to be experimenting with so mnay different colours at the moment. Its very fun! I want to find a kind of glossy white one, although whether they exist I've yet to find out...

Great post.

S xx

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home